Amended ETA-9172 DOL Participant Individual Record Layout (PIRL) for H-1B Grants
The Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is soliciting comments concerning proposed extension for the authority to conduct the information collection request (ICR) titled, “Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Performance Accountability, Information and Reporting System.” (Select the hyperlink to view the ICR).
A key part of this ICR is an amended ETA-9172-DOL Participant Individual Record Layout (PIRL) that is available for public review and comment. For technical assistance purposes, we have specifically identified which of the PIRL elements have been modified (removed, added, or modified) in the amended ETA-9172-DOL PIRL for H-1B grants.
This document is an updated Excel spreadsheet that has the following tabs:
- Tab 1: The full ETA-9172 DOL Amended PIRL
- Tab 2: H-1B Amended PIRL Data Elements
- Tab 3: Overview of WIPS Validation Rules NEW!
- Tab 4-6: H-1B PIRL Data Element Edit Check Rules NEW!
- Tab 4, Valid Values Errors: Verify that the code values entered match with the options available and that the format of data file is correct
- Tab 5, Duplicate Errors: Verifies that duplicative participant records are not in the uploaded file
- Tab 6, Logic Rule Errors: Validation check related to the business rules of each code value assigned for all data elements to verify internal logic of participant records
- Tab 7: H-1B QPR Aggregation Rules NEW!
- Business rules to aggregate performance data into H-1B Real-time and WIOA Outcome Measures
- Tab 8: Proposed H-1B QPR NEW!